graceland.

Friday, July 17, 2009

just a few thoughts.

"Love, definition of: It is not an affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good."

I found this quote in "The C.S. Lewis Index." The idea was taken from his books, "Mere Christianity" and "God in the Dock." For some reason out of all of the quotes about love...ranging from marriage to family...this one stuck out the most to me. What if we all loved each other this way? What if relationships began with this as their foundation? What if we were intentional about every decision to love each other?

This is the way that I want to live. To love the people He has put in my life wholeheartedly, steadfastly, with my ultimate desire to be their well being.

To guard my little heart in this venture will be most important. I will be unable to do it on my own strength. May our God give me that strength to love...as He has loved and continues to love each of us...

No comments:

Post a Comment