graceland.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

all is full of love.

Okay so I am terrified of starting a blog. I am way too critical of my own thoughts to have one, but I thought it would be a nice way for you all to have an idea of what I will be doin' this summer. Anyways...for those of you who don't know...I am living in Bend, Oregon until the end of August. It is basically a worship internship with the job description of "Worship and Arts Administrator." (ooooh fancy) I have been here for a few days now...and couldn't be more in love with this town. Everyone at Antioch has been so welcoming and excited to have me here. I haven't moved into my house yet and have been staying at the Lavik's the last few nights...but I couldn't feel more at home. It is a funny feeling, being so far away from everyone and everything that I know and love so much...yet I am pleased to say that I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

To think that these people here have a heart for me and the other 16 interns that are complete strangers to them is absolutely incredible. Members of the church have offered to be host families, provided cars, mountain bikes, furniture, kitchen appliances...the list goes on and on. And what makes this so great is that they do it all for the joy of serving others. There are 17 interns here at Antioch this summer...SEVENTEEN...at a church of about 500. This, to me, is how Jesus wants us to live....FOR others. It is about community and making sure that every action has a purpose...to serve and to love...and to do it with a content and selfless heart.

I hope that I can learn to live this way and be more like Him...

3 comments:

  1. So crazy how God goes before us and prepares the way. What an adventure to follow Him! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not only excited for your new endeavour, but I am excited that I get to be apart of it through your blog. Excellent idea Gracie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. grace, you little blogger! i love it. i am very excited to share in what you are doing. and i think your thoughts are great.

    ReplyDelete